Amit's random thoughts

Friday, September 24, 2004

Ganesh Utsav at Farmington hills

Last weekend was Ganesh Chaturthi. I had been to Farmington Hills to meet my friends. Three of my friends Nikhil, Kapil and Saurabh picked me from AA. These guys along with Gunesh and Anant had shifted into a new apartment few days back. I reached home with all the décor. Two people, Kapil and Gunesh did most of the work. The other two, Sau and Anant were busy setting the network connections for the computer. They finally surmounted the task. All of us slept late that night, which resulted in getting up late the next day. Next day we did a few preparations and left for Rohits house. He and Supriya (his better half) had really decorated the place well. The Prasad was really first-rate; I liked especially the flavored milk.
From there we came back to our house for the aarti. Saurabh and I had cooked a good recipe for lunch. After the rituals we then munched. A friend had invited all the people for dinner and aarti at his place, so everyone left for that. I, Saurabh and pankaj instead decided to go to a temple. We went to Lansing and the temple was really superlative. Devotees had turned up in large number and so people were finding it difficult to park their vehicles. From there we returned home.
The other people came home at 4.00 am next day and we all went to a theatre in Novi. This was the place where they were showing the cricket match on a big screen. We were before time and so we got seats of our choice. Meanwhile an imprudent fellow while parking his car in the wrong slot hit our car. The explanation given by him was boisterous. He said that eventually when he arrived close to the car instead of stepping on the brake pedal pressed the accelerator by mistake. This was really insane. He literally smashed both our cars. It was sad as Kapils car especially was only a week old. There were a couple of scratches on Rohits BMW too. To add to this India lost the toss and also lost the match.
Then Nikhil dropped me at AA. I was really tired when I came back but even then went with the junta to a nearby mall. It was a nice short trip to meet my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home