Amit's random thoughts

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mixed Feelings

Too many things are happening in life nowadays. One day you suddenly get up and find the heaven's opening and the downpour starts. It has been like a boon as the rains were anticipated since a long time now. Makes me delighted with all the greenary around and the atmosphere around you suddenly dazzles up.

Today I was dazed to read about Flintoff’s retirement from test cricket in the tabloid. Now here we go many people would argue about Freddie, as to if he really was a test cricketer. But on a serious note, that really does not matter to me much, as I have grown up watching him play and too me he was an excellent sportsman. He really was a good all-rounder and his quick boisterous bowling and destructive batting abilities, made him a formidable opponent. If I go down my memory lane, I can still remember his latest test century which he got against Australia in 2005. It was the first innings and he went on to score a 102 runs, thrashing the aussie’s all across the park. Finally England won the match and they took a lead of 2-1 in the 4th test. It feels sad to hear about his retirement, but the good news is he will continue to entertain us in one-days and may be T20's.

Things are not as bad as they feel, the nice things are the markets have bounced back, yippee!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home